tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSP Encoding changed between tomcat 5.0.27 and 5.5.x
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:06:15 GMT
Peter Rossbach wrote:

> Hello Remy,
>
> your are right! I found the difference very quickly.
>
> JDTCompiler default Encoding is UTF8
> ANTCompiler default Encoding is ISO-8859-1
> Set correct javaEncoding parameter to default conf/web.xml and all is
> working as 5.0.27 Release
>
>    <servlet>
>        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
>
> <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
>       <init-param>
>            <param-name>javaEncoding</param-name>
>            <param-value>ISO-8859-1</param-value>
>        </init-param>
>    </servlet>

In the servlet options, there is:
private String javaEncoding = "UTF8";

So when nothing is set in web.xml, the encoding should be UTF-8, for
both compilers (I can see the code in the Ant compiler class, and it
correctly sets the encoding based on the value of the option). It
doesn't match what you see.

Rémy