tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: JSP Encoding changed between tomcat 5.0.27 and 5.5.x
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 07:29:32 GMT
Hello Remy,

your are right! I found the difference very quickly.

JDTCompiler default Encoding is UTF8
ANTCompiler default Encoding is ISO-8859-1
Set correct javaEncoding parameter to default conf/web.xml and all is 
working as 5.0.27 Release

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
       <init-param>
            <param-name>javaEncoding</param-name>
            <param-value>ISO-8859-1</param-value>
        </init-param>
...
    </servlet>

Nexttime I inspect first and then send a mail.
:-)
###

But the with my test.jspx example the following is strange:
    The concrete http response is UTF-8 encoded
---
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8

Content-Length: 431

Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 07:15:25 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1



<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Strict 1.0//EN" 
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns:fmt="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" 
xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" 
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" 
lang="de"><head><title>Test</title></head><body>

    ä<br/>
    ö<br/>
    ü<br/>
    Ä<br/>
    Ö<br/>
    Ü<br/>
    "Â "<br/></body></html>

-----
But at my Mozilla present the correct letters!

After I change the jsp directive to
    <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" /> 
both Tomcat Release 5.0.27 and 5.5.1-dev (CVS HEAD)
the response was generated with the correct encoding ISO-8859-1.

---
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1

Content-Length: 429

Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 07:23:17 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1



<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Strict 1.0//EN" 
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns:fmt="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" 
xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" 
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" 
lang="de"><head><title>Test</title></head><body>

    ä<br/>
    ö<br/>
    ü<br/>
    Ä<br/>
    Ö<br/>
    Ü<br/>
    " "<br/></body></html>
----

my fault....
 

Thanx for the bug reporting hint, ;-)
Peter



Remy Maucherat schrieb:

> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have test a small application with Tomcat 5.5 and CVS HEAD 5.5.1-dev
>> and with JDT something changed from 5.0.x to 5.5 with the JSP encoding.
>>
>> see example. test.jspx
>> The problem exit also with "normal" *.jsp with <%@ page 
>> pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" %>
>> I thing the JDT compiles with UTF-8, right ?
>>
>> Bug or what is wrong?
>
>
> I'm a little bit tired about that very popular way to present bug 
> reports: "help, version XXX works while new version YYY is broken: 
> something is wrong with version YYY".
>
> Nothing relevant has changed between 5.0.x and 5.5.x (you should know 
> that, you're a committer), except the change of the source compiler.
>
> Now if you look in the code for JDT:
>        if (ctxt.getOptions().getJavaEncoding() != null) {
>            settings.put(CompilerOptions.OPTION_Encoding,
>                    ctxt.getOptions().getJavaEncoding());
>        }
>
> The behavior is the exact same for the Ant compiler. So if it doesn't 
> work for you, I think you should look into it.
>
> Rémy
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>
>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message