tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSP Encoding changed between tomcat 5.0.27 and 5.5.x
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 18:57:22 GMT
Peter Rossbach wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have test a small application with Tomcat 5.5 and CVS HEAD 5.5.1-dev
> and with JDT something changed from 5.0.x to 5.5 with the JSP encoding.
>
> see example. test.jspx
> The problem exit also with "normal" *.jsp with <%@ page
> pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" %>
> I thing the JDT compiles with UTF-8, right ?
>
> Bug or what is wrong?

I'm a little bit tired about that very popular way to present bug
reports: "help, version XXX works while new version YYY is broken:
something is wrong with version YYY".

Nothing relevant has changed between 5.0.x and 5.5.x (you should know
that, you're a committer), except the change of the source compiler.

Now if you look in the code for JDT:
        if (ctxt.getOptions().getJavaEncoding() != null) {
            settings.put(CompilerOptions.OPTION_Encoding,
                    ctxt.getOptions().getJavaEncoding());
        }

The behavior is the exact same for the Ant compiler. So if it doesn't
work for you, I think you should look into it.

Rémy