tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 4.1.31 maintenance release
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:51:33 GMT
I think we long ago agreed not to vote -1 just because you want somebody
to work on a different codebase :-)

If Keith has an itch in 4.1 branch - and if he can find 2 more +1 votes,
than it's his right to have a release, and the 4.1 branch will become
"maintained".  A branch is maintained if there are committers interested
to maintain it - not if someone else decides it shouldn't be maintained
and they should do something else.

4.1 is stable and works good enough - yes, 5.x is faster and has better
architecture, but some people don't like to change production systems
very often, and it is very good for them to know that what they are
using is still maintained ( we're not msft to make money by forcing
people to upgrade )

Costin