tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 release
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:54:37 GMT
To clarify: I wasn't proposing to remove the separate product
installation and runtime, but the contrary - to make that the default.

Right now tomcat operates in 2 modes - one where CATALINA_HOME is
identical with CATALINA_BASE, and one where you have them separate (
like you use ).

I think it would be cleaner if separate mode will be the default, with
the runtime files always in a separate hierarchy. But it's more of a
cosmetic change.

Costin