tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: autostart for /admin - was Re: StandardClassLoader ?
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:58:13 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Costin Manolache wrote:

>>> That's undefined, as it's some kind of internal dispatching of the
>>> container. It seemed reasonable trying to do it with a RD forward.
>>

>> Well, if I have a filter on /* and / ( and I added for *.jsp, *.do and
>> anything I could think of ) - I tought it'll be invoked for all
>> requests in that context. Even if it is forwarded.
>

> Well, no. different invocation is a separate mapping (INCLUDE, FORWARD,
> etc; and no, there's no ALL mapping ;) ).

Feel free to redirect me to tomcat-user :-), but is there any way to
filter the form login page, or is it un-filtrable ?

If it is included/forwarded/etc - it should be included from somewhere,
and a filter would apply there. From what I see in the code, the form
login happens before the filters - so I'm starting to understand why it
doesn't work, but from a spec point a view, it looks like a small bug.

Costin