tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Wannamaker" <>
Subject RE: Where's 4.1.31?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:26:41 GMT
Hi Yoav, thanks for the release documentation.  Do you mind if I
check this in to jt-4.0?  I think it would be very helpful.

I am aware that 5.0 uses "significantly different code" which is
in itself a good reason for continuing maintenance releases of 4.1.

Backporting patches would be a nice side-improvement if it were
done, but I think there have been enough fixes to 4.1 itself
to warrant a new release without said backports.

>From a procedural standpoint, it is my understanding that the
only vote needed is one to label a rc (ie beta or stable).
Is that correct?

If so, I'd like to be the 4.1.31 RM and I will go to work on
syncing the release notes and get an rc out this weekend.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav []
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 10:44 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: Where's 4.1.31?

The process is already somewhat documented.  For example, is my personal
notes, and is mostly
Jakarta-general, not specific to Commons.  It deviates from the process
you posted in that we usually label a release alpha or beta, leave it
out in the "wild" for a bit to give users a chance to use it, and then
call it stable (with a new announcement).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message