tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <>
Subject log4j SEVERE ThreadDeath in Tomcat 5.0.25
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:06:14 GMT

In relation to bug #26372 Remy wrote:

------- Additional Comments From Remy Maucherat 2004-01-23 11:54 -------

This is the old issue of log4j trying to use the previous classloader=20
will create a new classloader to load class definitions; see bug 3888).=20
Maybe it
would be good to leave this bug open so that people can complain using it,
rather than file duplicates. However, I'd like everyone to know that the=
will never be fixed.
You can probably fix the problem by putting log4 JARs (and the necessary
commons-logging wrapper classes) inside the webapp repository.

Does anyone know what Remy is talking about? When does log4j try to a
use previous classloader? I'd appreciate if someone could shed some
light onto the matter. I am trying to understand what log4j is doing
wrong, if anything, and correct our mistake.

for more details.

Ceki Gülcü

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: