tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 4.1.31 maintenance release
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:09:08 GMT
Its maintained if there is a committer who will apply the patches. Mark has
been very good at doing this.

For large companies - it takes (a lot) time to upgrade versions. I'm still
stuck on 4.0.4 for all of my servers. (Soon to be 5 if all goes well)
Stability is more important than speed and features. It took a lot of
versions of 4.1 and 5.0 before it was stable. Even the first "stable"
releases still had minor problems that got reported, were true and would have
been problems for my environment.

We stayed on 4.0.4 forever because all of the bugs that existed for that
version (and old non-coyote connector) did not affect us.

If there are people willing to maintain the branch, I think its worthwhile to
have a release.

-Tim