tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Where's 4.1.31?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:15:24 GMT
Keith Wannamaker wrote:

>Hi Jess, in our case we don't have the resources at this point in
>time to certify our product with a completely new code base.

Hmmm...  As someone who distributes Tomcat 4.1.x and 5.0.x to a broad
customer base I see Tomcat 5.0.x certification as a 100% necessity for
the future/present and see the incremental effort of verifying a new
4.1.x release as wasted when it could be focused on a 5.0.x verification
against past and current releases of our own product.

Then again I believe I have a pretty good record of all changes that
were required to our product for Tomcat 5 for future releases that could
be backed into previous ones...

>I'm sure different people have different reasons.

Yes, I echo Yoav's sentiment, though that the community needs to focus
on 5.0.x and beyond and really help push mindshare away from 3.x and 4.x
releases.

--
Jess Holle