tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [proxy] New implementation ready for testing
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:57:02 GMT
Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

> I haven't had the time lately, but you (all) are welcome to dissect the
> mod_backhand (Apache 1.3) module and pull the resource collection and
> decision making framework out and put in into mod_proxy for Apache 2.

I have been watching the commits to proxy, but haven't yet had time to
go into them in detail yet, so this may or may not be already possible:
The balancer module should be replaceable, so if you had a java
application server backend the current balancer with session stickiness
would probably work for you. Then in other environments, one of the
mod_backhand components could be switched in to have balancing work
entirely differently.

Regards,
Graham