tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 release
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:32:13 GMT
I would have to agree with the gentlemen from Sun and NetBeans that it
is preferable to have a standard stable version bundled with other
products as opposed to some other file set which one cannot
independently reproduce.

Users of NetBeans, etc, would like to know that they can reproduce the
same behavior outside the IDE by grabbing the same version label from
Jakarta.  If NetBeans uses its own set of source versions, then users
never know what might differ between the NetBeans Tomcat behavior and
standard Tomcat releases.  I happen to be responsible for the
redistribution of a modified Tomcat and have come to noting each and
every deviation (change or addition) from the standard Tomcat release
upon which I'm based for this reason.

Jess Holle

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: