tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Fwd: md5 sums for jakarta downloads
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:42:45 GMT
This is the md5 output generated by BSD md5 and not necessarily a
"standard", GNU md5sum generates a different format that is not
"standard" as well. For maven, just the checksum portion of the content
is stored in the file.

It would be nice if there was a standard in this area, but I have yet to
see one in the internet community. We have the same problem with
generating md5 checksums for the maven repository at the moment.

-Mark

Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Hi,
> The format I use for MD5 sums is the standard one.  Every other project
> I know uses this format, so I think if anything this user needs to
> adjust his preferences ;)  However, if there's a standard or spec
> somewhere that mandates we use md5 -r (reverse output format), then
> sure, someone point me to it and I'll follow that spec when signing
> releases.
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium Research Informatics

Mark Diggory