tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:26:18 GMT
Jan Luehe wrote:

> Agreed.
> I stumbled across mem usage as I was running a stress test
> under OptimizeIt (and eventually getting OutOfMemory errors from
> Servlets), and noticed a large number of char[] instances had been
> allocated due to each Request creating its own SimpleDateFormat[].

You get an OOM because of it ? I think not, though.
You need to speak hard numbers here (because syncing will have its own
cost, esp on a large server that your company makes so much cash on ;)
): how many bytes are allocated by each formatter ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message