tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [AJP] proxy status
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:05:45 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

> I've finished the connection pool for mod_proxy.
> The proxy_http now uses the connection pool (cca 10% speedup for HTTP1.0,
> the 1.1 should be even higher, but the ab doesn't support 1.1).
> If someone is willing to test and chase the bugs, he's more then welcome :).

Cool bananas! Possible stupid question: how do I get hold of this code?
(Which repository is it in?)

> TODO:
> 1. Porting the mechanism from http to proxy_ajp.
> 2. Using connection pool in ftp.
> 3. Actually build proxy_balancer [mturk]

So to clarify, the proxy framework (ie mod_proxy) now has a connection
pool, and mod_proxy_http now uses it (with proxy_ajp on the way)?

I am trying to work out which bits are built into proxy, and which bits
are in a separate module via a hook. I'd like to see all this stuff go
into httpd v2.0 if possible, and want to figure out what the impact will be.

There is currently lots of work on mod_cache* and mod_ldap* in httpd,
with talk of releasing httpd v2.2 GA around Apachecon time.

Regards,
Graham