tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: StandardClassLoader ?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:48:07 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev wrote:

>here is the huge performance boost:
>
>Every single time I deserialized an object, it has to do a cl.loadClass(),
>now using a custom object stream, it would search the WCL first, then the SCL. And since
it didn't exist in WCL, it still seemed to
>do a long scan each time, and then defaulting back to SCL at which point it was fast.
>
>By bypassing the WCL check, knowing the class didn't exist there, it was a lot faster.
JProbe told me, I trust him :)
>Is this scenario clear?

I do understand it. However, I don't quite see a big problem, as most of
the application stuff should be application types, except the wrapper
session object. You could enable delegation to the parent CL, if it fits
your needs better.

Rémy