tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: StandardClassLoader ?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:29:40 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:

> Can you experiment with WebappClassLoader instead :-) ? SCL is only used
> in standalone mode and only for loading internal classes. And removing
> it will improve class loading time by itself - one less layer of if()
> and indirections.
> ( I'm experimenting with class loading too, and it's easier to do it
> in one loader )
> What I'm trying to do is allow some modules ( connectors, auth, etc )
> to be deployed and loaded/unloaded/upgraded at runtime.

That's not at all what I've planned (something really simple, not at all
adding features or new capabilities). UCL works indeed better than SCL,
so I removed it.

I'm moving to the next item in my list (I think package renaming and
repackaging of the dependencies: commons-dbcp and Ant).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message