tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.0.28 release
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:11:22 GMT

> How about stopping support for that scenario?  I mean drop
> the CATALINA_BASE versus CATALINA_HOME feature, (or set them
> to always equal each other, if we want to leave them in the
> code base), and don't allow users to share installations
> except by the user home directory valve.

I am really against this. I use CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE. The reason
that I use them is that they provide a clean way of upgrading frequently. It
lets me maintain a stock Tomcat Directory, with all of my customization
(conf files, etc) in a separate directory.

Please don't drop this functinality.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc. - Home of Connect Daily Web Calendar
Voice: 303 438 9585

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message