tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/ajp/proxy mod_proxy.c
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:54:01 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> I have been mulling this over in my head for a bit. What do
> you think of defining a group of load balancing servers that
> serve requests, such as:
> <ProxyBalancer myCluster>
>    BalancerMember host1:port [balancer params]
>    BalancerMember host2:port [balancer params] </ProxyBalancer>

IMO we could perhaps use exiting Proxy:
<Proxy balancer://myCluster>
   BalancerMember ajp://host1:port [balancer params]

<Proxy balancer://myCluser[/StickySessionName]>
   BalancerMember http://host1:port [balancer params]
   etc ...

It will lower the number of additional directives.

> Later in the config we then do this:
> ProxyPass /myWebapp ajp://myCluster/myWebapp

OK, but we can better include proper scheme and use :
ProxyPass /myWebapp balancer://myCluster/myWebapp

So that proxy_balancer handler will reply.

ProxyPass /myWebapp2 ajp://host:port/myWebapp2

So that ajp handler gets controll directly.

> The balancer params could include things like:
> BalancerMember host:port loadfactor=12, dynamic=true

OK. I can do that perhaps only using spaces as delimiters.

View raw message