tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Sebastien Brunot" <...@octo.com>
Subject JNDI Realm Bug
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:03:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.30 with JDK 1.4.2 on Windows XP Professionnal.

I've got a problem with JNDIRealm : the group a user is in in my LDAP
directory is an object which attribute "member" contains the user CN. So
I've set up the roleSearch attribute of JNDIRealm to the value
"(member=*{0}*)".

Both wildcards are replaced with the "\2a" String by JNDIRealm before
running the search  and the group my user is in is never retrieved. My
interpretation of RFC 2254 is that those wildcards shouldn't be replaced
with "\2a" : the replacement should only occur for wildcards in the String
that will replace the {0} portion of the filter, aka wildcards in the user
CN.

Is there a way to use wildcards in the roleSearch attribute, or is it a new
found bug ?

Sebastien