tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:11:55 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:

>> Can we simplify this ?
>> Let's drop the word "worker" too :-)
>> The request is passed to a servlet container that may consist of one
>> or multiple instances.
> Agreed, remove the old terms.
> The proposal about mod_proxy + proxy_ajp could be something fine
> isn't it.
> And proxy_ajp could map to a dynamically updated ajp resource ?

Well, we could drop "ajp" as well from proxy-related config.

The important thing is to have the proxy know about a "cluster" - and
provide hooks to allow this to be dynamically configured.

mod_ajp would deal only with the cluster ( and other ? ) configuration.

Security and extra info about request will be encoded in special headers
( and of course, something should filter those headers from the internet
  to prevent security issues ).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message