tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:47:37 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
>
>> Well, the mod_proxy + enhancements for sticky session + enhancements
>> for passing auth info sounds reasonable - and if nobody wants the JMX
>> support, then maybe we won't need to write a new connector anyway :-)
>>
>> Remy will be happy - we'll only use the http connector.
>

> I think AJP has advantages, but if the HTTPd folks only accept a simple
> solution based on mod_proxy, then so be it, it'll be our entry level
> connector.

AJP is an RPC protocol - the "binary encoding of http headers" doesn't
buy us too much ( with coyote httpd ). Session stickiness is easy to add
to mod_proxy, and I assume passing auth info is also possible.

If we only want to use ajp for forwarding - no back channel for config -
then there is no point in using RPC and binary protocol.

Costin