tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Some JK2 ideas
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:09:27 GMT
Jess Holle wrote:

> Andy Armstrong wrote:
>
>> Jess Holle > Getting the IIS connectors to work with IIS 6 appears to
>> be rocket
>>
>>> science though.  [Dang thing just shows a red down arrow on the
>>> filter whatever you do without giving any real error!]
>>

>> Heh. Having spent two days getting the filter to work on IIS I'm
>> thinking about starting to sell a consultancy service based on getting
>> JK2 working. I actually wrote, debugged, documented and delivered a
>> non trivial ISAPI filter for a different project in less time than it
>> took me to get JK2 working.
>

> This is the JK, nor JK2, based connector in my case, but:
>
>   1. There are documented missing configuration steps out on the web
>      for IIS 6 that should be verified and placed in the Tomcat isapi
>      documentation.
>   2. Any hint as to what to do other than start over again and hope for
>      better luck would be great appreciated.  [I used the
>      'isapi_install.vbs' script in hopes of having fewer error-prone
>      manual steps.  Was that a bad idea?]
>
> I'd have kept this off the 'dev' group, but item (1) is quite glaring at
> this point in that there are many reports that one cannot use the Tomcat
> connectors with IIS 6 without extra configuration steps beyond what the
> Tomcat docs provide.

Maybe the best response to this would be to update the docs and say
"tomcat IIS 6 is not supported, plese contact microsoft and ask them to
do it". They have plenty of developers and money - they could send a
check to Andy and Henri, or do it themself :-)

It's better then having people struggle with mod_jk config and feeling
it's tomcat developer's job to support IIS.

Costin