tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From G√ľnter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:47:25 GMT
Hi,
> Adding portable.hnw for netware and portable.hw for windoze and #ifdef for
> AS400
> is the clean way.

> The quick way is adding:
> +++
> #if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
> #include "portable.h"
> #endif
> +++
unfortunately it isnt that simple cause I have _two_ different NetWare architectures, a modern
one with vsnprintf & friends, and the older one without where I need the replacements:
for NetWare netscape, jni, apache-1.3 need replacement; only apache-2.0 has vsnprintf coming
from the OS...

I had already fixed that in jk_global.h, but if we stay with portable.h I would like to create
protable entirely from the Makefile rather than having a protable.hnw for the above reasons
- otherwise I would need _two_ : a protable.hnw1 and portable.hnw2; so better I generate it....

I'm very short in time today, but see what I can add to the Makefile....

Guenter.