tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From G√ľnter Knauf <>
Subject Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:49:32 GMT
JFC's portable.h breaks NetWare too; should I now extend the #ifndef like Henry did? I guess
there are probably more platforms which dont have portable.h, so it's perhaps a better approach
to do:
#include <portable.h>

otherwise it would look like this:
#if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
#include "portable.h"
#if defined(NETWARE) && !defined(__NOVELL_LIBC__)
#include <whatever is necessary for getting the vsnprintf, snprint replacements>

personally I think its not needed anyway: if we have a good implementation for vsnprintf and
friends, then why we do not trust it and use it in general over all platforms??
What's the benefit of using the OS APIs if present?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message