tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Blair Cooper" <>
Subject TC5 : Host header loses port
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:41:24 GMT
We have an application that sends a HTTP request to another of our
applications. In this request the Host header is set to something like
"targetHost:6789". When the target application calls
HttpServeletRequest.getHeader("Host"), all that is returned is "targetHost".
The Port information is lost.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? In Tomcat 4 it correctly returned the
host and port. Can someone point me where in the source code to start
looking? Should I submit a bug for this?

Blair Cooper

TeamOn Systems