tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy McArthur <Sa...@McArthur.org>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.6 release ? - session tracking cookie
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:21:43 GMT

On Jul 19, 2004, at 4:06 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

> Sandy McArthur wrote:
>
>> Thinking on it more, I think I'm full of it and I was confusing the
>> symptoms of two problems that were happening at the same time.
>> Disregard my comments below until I can double check myself.
>> Sandy

>>> We took the new get_cookie() implementation from CVS and replaced
>>> the one in our mod_jk 1.2.5 package and all hell broke loose. The
>>> jvmroute of the JSESSIONID cookie weren't being respected and users
>>> coudn't do anything in our load balanced setup because they were
>>> getting new JSESSIONID cookies on each request.
>>>
>>> We reverted very quickly so I didn't get a good chance to debug it.
>>> Tomorrow we'll test mod_jk from CVS to make sure it wasn't a problem
>>> with the new get_cookie() in the 1.2.5 version.
>>>
>>> I've manually followed the new get_cookie() code and it looks right
>>> to me but I'm nervous about it for now.
>>>
>>> I'd like to know if anyone else has had success with the new
>>> get_cookie() in a load balanced setup.
>
> I'm waiting for your reply to tag and make jk 1.2.6 release.

I double checked our setup and our attempt to patch mod_jk 1.2.5 with
the new get_cookie implementation and found that request were *not*
being forward to the right clone based on the jvmroute part of the
JSESSIONID cookie.

I have not had time to test a current CVS checkout of mod_jk in a load
balanced setup.

Sandy McArthur