tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy McArthur <Sa...@McArthur.org>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.6 release ? - session tracking cookie
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:01:01 GMT
On Jul 15, 2004, at 3:05 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

> Could you take the latest code in CVS and check to see if it solve your
> problem ?

We took the new get_cookie() implementation from CVS and replaced the
one in our mod_jk 1.2.5 package and all hell broke loose. The jvmroute
of the JSESSIONID cookie weren't being respected and users coudn't do
anything in our load balanced setup because they were getting new
JSESSIONID cookies on each request.

We reverted very quickly so I didn't get a good chance to debug it.
Tomorrow we'll test mod_jk from CVS to make sure it wasn't a problem
with the new get_cookie() in the 1.2.5 version.

I've manually followed the new get_cookie() code and it looks right to
me but I'm nervous about it for now.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had success with the new
get_cookie() in a load balanced setup.

Sandy