tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: New committer: Peter Rossbach
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:54:10 GMT
Hi all,
thank for all your votes!

I want to introduce a bit who I am and what I'm doing.

I am a freelancer and have a lot of experience at
servlet technologie and J2EE architecture development. I started
servlet web development at 1997. The first project was
to design, organize and implement a distribute information
system with more than 1000 Linux nodes. And it works very fine. With
this knowlege I wrote with Hendrik Schreiber the "Java
Servlets and Server Book" and help to implement the
first servlet 2.1 API conform servlet engine "jo!"
( cool work from Hendrik) and the webapp framework (http://www.webapp.de).
This was the start writing a lot of german articles
about web technologies.
In 2002 I wrote the frist german Tomcat Book ("Tomcat 4X").
The last year I wrote the monthly german Tomcat columne at
Java Magazin and start a new german book project for
Tomcat 5.next (http://tomcat.objektpark.org). Now I am working
with Thorsten Kamann at the Centaurus-Platform (http://centaurus.sourceforge.net).
We want to build a secure and easy Java web hosting platform.
Since the last four years I coach a lot of people at german
conferences for tomcat knowledge, setup build verification systems
and advanced web development.

I want start to help Remy with the new deployment method, made
more JMX possible and hope to help save correct server.xml
configuration.

Thanks, I am very proud today to start more active tomcat development.
Peter

PS: I hope to get a good internet access by my family holiday place ...  :-D