tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Some JK2 ideas
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:35:59 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:

>> It's better then having people struggle with mod_jk config and
>> feeling it's tomcat developer's job to support IIS.
>
> You could also suggest IIS users to switch to Apache 2.0.50 for
> Windows :)

I'd love to -- and have.

Unfortunately, some have drank too much Microsoft Kool-Aid.

A good number desparately want NTLM-based authentication.  [They like
the single-sign on for Windows clients, but they love the notion of
better security than clear-text name/password, etc, without having to
buy a server certificate or use HTTPS on their intranet.]  If Apache 2
had a stable module for this (whether or not it was from the ASF
itself), I would think this would be a good step to get these folk to
shift to Apache.

--
Jess Holle