tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Some JK2 ideas
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:30:58 GMT
Andy Armstrong wrote:

> Jess Holle > Getting the IIS connectors to work with IIS 6 appears to
> be rocket
>
>> science though.  [Dang thing just shows a red down arrow on the
>> filter whatever you do without giving any real error!]
>
> Heh. Having spent two days getting the filter to work on IIS I'm
> thinking about starting to sell a consultancy service based on getting
> JK2 working. I actually wrote, debugged, documented and delivered a
> non trivial ISAPI filter for a different project in less time than it
> took me to get JK2 working.

This is the JK, nor JK2, based connector in my case, but:

   1. There are documented missing configuration steps out on the web
      for IIS 6 that should be verified and placed in the Tomcat isapi
      documentation.
   2. Any hint as to what to do other than start over again and hope for
      better luck would be great appreciated.  [I used the
      'isapi_install.vbs' script in hopes of having fewer error-prone
      manual steps.  Was that a bad idea?]

I'd have kept this off the 'dev' group, but item (1) is quite glaring at
this point in that there are many reports that one cannot use the Tomcat
connectors with IIS 6 without extra configuration steps beyond what the
Tomcat docs provide.

--
Jess Holle