tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.next] Progress
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:04:49 GMT
Filip Hanik (lists) wrote:
> hi Remy,
> Time will open up in a week or so. And yes, I am wide open to any ideas.
> My personal feeling about the farm deployer, is that it would work exactly
> like auto deployment to Tomcat, and maybe just an entry in web.xml makes it
> send to other servers.

Yes for the first part. I think it's misleading to call that the
autodeployer, though, as that component will become the deployer (the
deployment code is spread and duplicated right now, so the spaghetti
needs to go).

For the second part, I don't understand. This seems to hint at the
existence of a master node, which would be bad, no ?

> I do need a temp directory to store the fragments of data sent across the
> wire, so that we don't take up too much RAM.

I don't get that sent data thing, but you can use either the workdir or
the tempdir (as usual).

Rémy