tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Armstrong <a...@hexten.net>
Subject Re: Some JK2 ideas
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:40:34 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> In contrary, it makes it simpler, cause you have a common denominator, and
> that is
> 'well documented' config file, usable on any container.

Well documented is the crux here for me. Or at least readily
understandable. I've just had someone nearly abandon Tomcat altogether
because they had a problem (with file uploads) that required the latest
version of the IIS connector but they couldn't find out how to configure it.

I find it frustrating that we're an Apache project but we're currently
nowhere near Apache in usability terms. Right now running Tomcat with
another webserver is a scary proposition.

All the JK code has to do is forward eligible requests from the host web
server to Tomcat. I'm afraid that right now it behaves like a self
indulgent vanity project with aspirations above its station. With
appropriate apologies for the toes that I'm treading on why tge hell is
JK so convoluted?

--
Andy Armstrong