tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <tomcat-...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Time for JkMountExclude in jk 1.2.x ?
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:46:49 GMT
As I started the discussion thread on releasing mod_jk 1.2.6 a few days
ago, I would also prefer to have the stable code released and not adding
new features. Releasing 1.2.6 as-is would already be benefitial to many
people.

Henri: thank you very much for preparing the release.

For post-1.2.6 releases: JkMount only gives the ability to seperate
between Apache and Tomcat on the basis of: default handled by Apache and
special things handled by Tomcat.

Now often the situation is reversed: complete contexts (detected by
URL-prefixes) should be handled by default by the web container, and
only special static objects (subdirectorie or, file name suffixes) by
apache. So JkMountExclude would make a lot of sense.