tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [5.next] Progress
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 07:43:14 GMT
Jess Holle wrote:
> Though I also really like Java 5's [yep, another neat numbering change
> from Sun :-)] built-MBeans for JVM monitoring, I'd *really* like to see
> a JSR 160 solution in Tomcat that works in Java 1.4.x and Java 1.5 (aka 5).
>
> Is this the plan/hope?  At a high level it does not look too nasty to do
> this....

Unfortunately, I'm against useless code in this branch. JSR 160 being
brand new, you're going to need new software pretty much everywhere, but
of course upgrading the JDK is not an option. Given the new branch
changes the API rather significantly, I think it's not going to be a
release people will be upgrading to.

If it still doesn't make sense, then you can probably manage to cut &
paste a few lines of code from the JMX docs, right ? ;)

Rémy