tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From nyhgan <nyh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.0.26 release ?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:42:05 GMT

-------------------------------------
What's the exact problem ?

I'm using jk 1.2.5 with Apache 2.0 and Tomcat 3.3.2 and handle about
300 000 req/days and never got this problem.

Explain and detail please.
-------------------------------------

Hi, Henri Gomez

Tomcat 3.3.2 and jk1.2.5 is what I am using now and it runs fine. The problem described emails
below only occurs if you use jk1.2.x with Tomcat 5.x (or 4.x). And because of this reasonI
can't upgrade my Tomcat to Tomcat5.x.

Was jk1.2.x designed to work with Tomcat 5.x? Do I need to use jk2? I am using Apache 1.3.27
and I don't think it will work with jk2.

nyhgan

Henri Gomez <hgomez@apache.org> wrote:
nyhgan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does mod_jk 1.0.26 fix the following problem? I believe that it is the one of the most
important issues with the mod_jk.

What's the exact problem ?

I'm using jk 1.2.5 with Apache 2.0 and Tomcat 3.3.2 and handle about
300 000 req/days and never got this problem.

Explain and detail please.

> nyhgan wrote:
>

> Exactly. I have been on this user list for months and I still haven't seen anyone solve
the mod_jk connector issue for apache and tomcat 4.1.x or above. Now, I switch back to use
Tomcat3.3 instead because it runs more stable than tomcat4.x and 5.x

> We can't wait forever like this. Maybe some experience c++ programmers out there can
take a look at the source code for mod_jk and see if the problem can be fix.