tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy McArthur <Sa...@McArthur.org>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.0.26 release ? - session tracking cookie
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:21:29 GMT
On Jul 14, 2004, at 11:17 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

> jk 1.2.6 seems to be in a good shape and a release should be welcome
> for many users.
>
> I'd like to release jk 1.2.6 next week.
>
> Any objections ?

I have one gripe with the way mod_jk chooses the session tracking
cookie.

I'm not a dev but I just tracked down a bug that has been causing us,
University of Florida, some pain for a few weeks.

I'm currently verifying that I'm not full of it before I filed a bug
report but the short version is:

mod_jk seems to pick the first cookie ending in JSESSIONID such as
PSJSESSIONID as opposed to what the servlet spec says in section 7.1.1:
"The name of the session tracking cookie must be JSESSIONID."

Take a look at the get_cookie function in jk_lb_worker.c and walk
though it with input similar to:

Cookie: PSJSESSIONID=FOOBAR; JSESSIONID=BAZZORK.jvm#

Sandy