tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: WebappClassLoader.getURLs Bug!
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:40:37 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: WebappClassLoader.getURLs Bug!

>Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>> Hi,
>>>Unfortunately, now that I've moved to Tomcat 5, I discover that the bug
>>>is still quite present.  There is now a nice getURI() method along with
>>>the previous getURL() method.  Unfortunately, getURLs() does not use
>>>getURI( file ).toURL() or any such as it would need to for the RMI
>>>runtime's sake (as it calls getURLs()).
>> The getURI method returns a URL object, not a URI object, as the latter
>> is JDK 1.4-only and we still officially support building and running on
>> JDK 1.3.
>I agree: you really should be complaining about Sun (who wrote the bad
>URL handling in the first place).

I agree that Sun's implementation is brain-dead (who thought that
space-separated list of URLs was A Good Idea? :).

I looked at WACL the last time I got bit by this, but then decided that it
was easier to move the app to a directory w/o spaces than to encode the URLs
(e.g. s/ /%20/).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message