tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.6 release ? - session tracking cookie
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:15:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy McArthur" <Sandy@McArthur.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: mod_jk 1.2.6 release ? - session tracking cookie

> On Jul 19, 2004, at 8:43 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
> > And since I couldn't delay the release to long, we need a quick reply,
> > so thanks to take a look at it.
>
> We've setup a current CVS checkout of mod_jk at
> http://sp27en1.nerdc.ufl.edu/login.do which is load balancing to our
> webmail cluster. If you constantly reload the page you'll see it's
> setting a new JSESSIONID cookie on every request.

Yup.  Sending the cookie almost always fails to stick.  Sending the
jsessionid via URL-rewriting always sticks.  So it does look like there is a
bug with the lb cookie parsing.  I can't see by looking at the code what it
is however :(.  I can probably find a machine that I can hook up with the
HEAD code and lb to see what is going wrong, but I can't promise when.  If
you feel like putting more work into this, adding 'fprintf(stderr,...)'
statements should go to the Apache error_log.

> For comparison https://webmail.ufl.edu/login.do is using mod_jk 1.2.5
> load balancing to the same webmail cluster.

Yup.  This one will always stick with the cookie.