tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Support for multiple Coyote JK-Pools
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:01:29 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rainer Jung" <tomcat-dev@kippdata.de>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 3:48 AM
Subject: TC 5: Support for multiple Coyote JK-Pools

> Am I right, that by design TC 5 only fully supports one Coyote JK pool
> at the moment?

Yes.  If at some point we decide to deprecate support for JK2, then we could
consider supporting multiple JK Connectors.  If you *really* need to have
multiple Connectors (and I can't see a usage case), try playing with the
jkHome attribute.

> I enabled JMX HTTP adaptor via mx.enabled=true. Obviously
> org.apache.jk.common.JkMX tries to initialize the JMX HTTP adaptor not
> only once, but for every Coyote JK pool configured in server.xml. For
> the second pool I get an exception when starting tomcat (see below).
>
> When trying to stop TC, the Coyote HTTP pool is shut down correctly, and
> one of the two JK pools doesn't listen any more, but the second JK pool
> still listens and TC does not shut down. Retrying shutdown does not
> help, the process is still alive.
>
> Any plans (or work already done) to refactor JkMain/JkMX for 5.next?

Well, I believe the consensus is to deprecate JkMX in 5.next. It's pretty
outdated now, and it certainly doesn't belong in the Connector code.

> Rainer Jung
>
> Exception during start:
>
> 2004-07-26 12:37:58,929 (main) org.apache.jk.common.JkMX/ERROR: Can't
> load the MX4J http adapter
> javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: Http:name=HttpAdaptor
>          at
mx4j.server.MBeanServerImpl.register(MBeanServerImpl.java:1123)

)
>          at

.java:25)
>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>          at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)