tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach>
Subject Re: UTF8 or sys prop value?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:46:37 GMT
Helo Yoav,

I think we must change it, as system property and a encoding Server
I have start a implementation to a flexible new store engine for the
tomcat 5 format.
At weekend I wrote the proposal and I start the coding.

Seperate MBean to store the configuration.
Flexible management to extensions, like cluster configuration
store at Stream, Writer or File
store complete Server, Service, Host or Context
Flexible Handling from transient Attributes and Childs

Shapira, Yoav schrieb:

>I see in StandardServer#storeConfig and MemoryUserDatabase#save that
>we're creating the output writers for server.xml and tomcat-users.xml
>using a hard-coded "UTF8" encoding.
>Should we modify this?  Maybe look for the specified java.file.encoding
>system property, and if that's specified, use it, otherwise use UTF* as
>The reason I'm asking is for
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium Research Informatics
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

J2EE Systemarchitekt und Tomcat Experte

Am Josephsschacht 72, 44879 Bochum, Deutschland
Telefon:  (49) 234 9413228
Mobil:    (49) 175 1660884

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: