tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DBCP and Pool 1.2
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:18:57 GMT

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>You didn't post a vote for 5.0.26, BTW. I don't think there's any
>>critical stuff in this build, though.
>>

>Yeah, I'm lazy ;)  I think 5.0.26 is fine, and would pass a stable vote,
>but I also think 5.0.27 is close, and will be more significant because:
>- It will mark a CVS branch for tomcat 5.0
>- It will have these DBCP/Pool changes which prepare use for future
>Collections releases
>- It might have the next BeanUtils, Digester, and commons-logging
>releases.

Before integrating the new Digester, some changes will be required in
Tomcat (we need to remove all XML schema related code since I've ported
those hacks directly in the Digester). I'm not sure what will be the
result if we don't make the modification. I will work on that as soon as
Digester 1.6 is tagged.

-- Jeanfrancois