tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: CVS branching
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:14:41 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Hi,
>>For now, I think a branch is only needed in jakarta-tomcat-catalina (if
>>there are problems, I'll use a build2.xml in jakarta-tomcat-5 with
>>temporary hacks).
> Would it be better if you did your refactoring in a branch and then
> merged into the main branch, overwriting as needed, when you're ready?
> The advantages would include an easier time for me when doing releases,
> and other people being able to build from HEAD (hopefully ;)).

That's not how we do it, usually. HEAD remains the dev branch, while the
  stable releases are made from a branch. Working from a branch is not
very different as working from HEAD, so I don't think you would run into
But at least for now, I can create a "Remy_Branch" and hack.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message