tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Wong <cs_...@yahoo.com>
Subject question about building tomcat from source
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:37:28 GMT
Hi all,
     This is my first time sending email to tomcat's
developers mail list.
     I am a programer with a little experience in
working with java and I am now try to build the tomcat
5 from the source in order to learn from the code and
if possible I would like to contribute to the tomcat
project.
     But after I download the ant script from the
project's website at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/build.xml.
and then after the ant script download all the code
and start to build from the source, the program get
stopped at the compiler error as this:

jakarta-tomcat-jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/Generator.java:827:
error: Can't find constructor
`org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor$5$ParamVisitor(Ljava/lang/String;)'
in type
`org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor$5$ParamVisitor'.
    [javac]                    n.getBody().visit(new
ParamVisitor(sep));

and i have read the Generator.java and I find the
ParamVisitor is a inner class in the same file so I
think its the problem of my setting.

    So is there anyone could help for this question?

    Thank you very much!

Best regard,
Dennis