tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Gump build failures
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:42:29 GMT
Yup, it seems that the Struts team has changed things about a year ago so
that the admin doesn't work with it anymore.  For debugging this one, it is
probably enough to build Tomcat against a CVS co of struts.

In general, you can co gump to a machine with python installed and debug the
entire process.  However, I haven't had to do this for TC for a very long
time.  Mostly the changes to the TC descriptors have been pretty straight
forward (e.g. when beanutils split into two projects).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 1:10 PM
Subject: Gump build failures

Hi,
Looking at http://gump.covalent.net/log/jakarta-tomcat-5.html, I see
Gump failed to build because of admin webapp compilation errors that
appear related to the Struts version used.

What is our process for debugging this?  Are we responsible to ensure
the Gump builds succeed?  Who owns the "build.properties" file and
similar configuration files to building on Gump?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

sender.  Thank you.