tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Please describe the new Logger System at cvs head.
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:52:56 GMT
Except that I can't see why you would want to use the
'Tomcat.[].[Catalina].[localhost].[myapp]' name except in a 'category'
element.  Here, the name is defined to be CDATA so you should be fine (or it
is a log4j bug :).

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Rossbach" <pr@objektpark.de>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: Please describe the new Logger System at cvs head.

Hey Remy,

please look at the log4j.dtd
jakarta-log4j-1.2.8\src\java\org\apache\log4j\xml\log4j.dtd

All names from name attributes are from type "ID"
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/

XML Attribute from type ID can not have this characters "[]"

Please, accept my change or made a log4j.dtd/ XML conform  implementation.

Thanx,
Peter

Remy Maucherat schrieb:

> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>
>> Hello Remy,
>>
>> with your Logger naming convention log4j not working
>>
>> log4j:ERROR Parsing error on line 57 and column 99
>> log4j:ERROR Attribute value
>> "org.apache.catalina.core.CatalinaBase.[].[localhost
>> ].[Catalina]" of type ID must be a name.
>>
>> With this logger naming convention it works fine:
>

> Sorry, I see nothing in the log4j docs that says that
> "org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[]"
> (BTW, I know who you are now: you really must be Yoda; "Hmmm, a bug I
> think there is") is an invalid logger name.
>
> The replacement name you're proposing is bad, so I won't use it.
>
> Rémy

J2EE Systemarchitekt und Tomcat Experte

http://objektpark.de/
http://www.webapp.de/

Am Josephsschacht 72, 44879 Bochum, Deutschland
Telefon:  (49) 234 9413228
Mobil:    (49) 175 1660884
E-Mail:  pr@objektpark.de