tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [5.next] Summary
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:38:13 GMT
TC 3.3 has o.a.t.u.xml.* which is uses instead of Digester.  If it helps
with re-inventing wheels, you could take a look at it.

In any case, I may change TC 3.3 to start using o.a.t.u.digester, so +1.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [5.next] Summary

Remy Maucherat wrote:

>> - Move to concrete classes for request/response, and remove all of the
>> RTTI done in Catalina's pipeline
>
> Ok, I'm almost done with the first part of the refatoring (thanks to
> Eclipse 3) :)
> I think I'll commit when I'm done with the next two items, so that all
> the big core changes are done (for now ;) ).
>
>> - Use Tomcat 4.0 beta valve pattern
>> - Redo logging using commons-logging, and remove Logger

I'll do on with the next item:
- "Fork" commons-digester, to remove what we don't need (many fancy
features
provided by beanutils, and in the process remove dependencies on
beanutils and
collections)

I'll use the o.a.t.util.digester package for this, and hopefully not too
much refactoring will be needed. Since modeler needs digester, I'll do
special prebuilding of the JAR to rename the imports (a bit like the
prebuilding which is done for the servlet & JSP JARs).

I forgot about one nasty dependency chain, BTW: DPCB -> pool ->
collections, which resides right now in the commons loader :(
I'll save this for later ;)

Rémy