tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject Question on 5.0.23
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 15:44:57 GMT

Hi,
I have a strange issue with 5.0.23 that's making me question my stable
vote from earlier today.  It has to do with a 3rd party servlet which
checks for the presence of a cookie, if not found prompts for some user
information, and then redirects (response.sendRedirect) to another page.
The exact same code base and test case works in 5.0.19 but not in
5.0.23.  Was something relevant changed?

Looking at the changelog, I'd like clarification on:
"Optimization: delay parsing of the cookies (remm)"

I'm running Sun JDK 1.4.2 on Solaris 8 (all patches installed).  As I
mentioned it works with tomcat 5.0.19.  I'll proceed to try the
intermediate builds 5.0.20, 5.0.21, and 5.0.22 to further narrow the
possibilities.  Thanks,

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics