tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "BALDELLON Christophe (SOPRA GROUP)" <Christophe.BALDEL...@airbus.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.1 - HttpSession never expired cause valueUnBound metho d background thread locked
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 12:26:35 GMT
Hi,

Something is strange in one of my class that implements
HttpSessionBindingListener.
When the HttpSession timeout, the valueUnBound() method calls an external
program which blocks the current thread. Consequently, the StandardManager
class (session manager) in Tomcat wich manages the HttpSession timeout seems
to be locked... From then on, no more HttpSession expires....
Is that normal? Any suggestions to avoid this problem ?
I'm running tomcat 3.2.1 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP3, with jdk
1.3.1_03
Thanks in advance....
Christophe