tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrysøe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Jasper / JSP compiling
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 07:15:22 GMT
Petr Jiricka wrote:
> Dennis Thrysøe wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently working on embedding a jasper engine within a servlet
>> container that I'm writing. During this work I have run into the
>> following questions:
>>
>> 1) Is the only advantage to using fork=true, that the javac memory
>> leak issue is avoided?
>>
>> 2) Has the javac memory leak issue been fixed in newer versions of the
>> JDK?
>>
>> 3) Is there any way to have the Java code generated from JSPs compiled
>> using my own classloader? I was thinking, that if I used fork=false,
>> maybe javac would just use the present classloader.
>

> I'd say this is not possible now.

That's a shame. Would sun.util.javac.Main load classes with it's own
classloader then (not delegating to it's parent classloader)? Or would
it perhaps load classes with an entirely different mechanism?

> Should be a topic for Java compiler
> API: http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=199

Which doesn't look very active. Do you have any idea whether it would be
worth sending them a mail?

-dennis